In business these days, creativity is the juice that keeps companies going. Given the way globalization has taken over, with more challenges facing entrepreneurs than ever, you will need a way to meet these problems head-on, which leads us straight to creativity. How can we stay creative in business? For those of us involved in lead generation, this is a challenge that needs to be dealt with - fast. It is a fact that for us entrepreneurs in the business of information technology, we need business data. That comes in the form of IT sales leads. Remember that B2B leads play a key role in helping us stay profitable, providing us with the necessary business prospects as well as the data on how to best approach them. How will we be able to get the business information that we will need?
There are several ways to do it:
1. Look for people to work with you that you and your team will be comfortable with. Yes, getting someone with the degree and the experience sounds nice, but if you often butt heads in the end, it is not worth it.
2. Get your people to keep on improving themselves, and then take note of them. In terms of generating B2B leads, you will want to recognize those who are able to up the game and bring more benefits to your company.
3. If you have a vision, do not keep it to yourself. Share that with your employees. Let them realize that what they are doing, no matter how stressful or mundane it may seem, can actually be reached if they work hard enough.
4. Think of a Russian nesting doll (where the outer doll is bigger than the inner doll), and you will realize that making your company big requires you to hire people who can make it big. If you only hire people who are inferior to you, then you are heading straight to creative stagnancy.
5. Make a trial run with a new hire. She may have an MBA in marketing or engineering, but if she acts like a prima donna or a newbie on the team, then she will have to leave. Let them work as contractors first. If they really fit in, then that is the time to make the formal offer.
6. Show trust in your team. If you can show your team that you trust them and that you believe that they can do it, more likely than not, they will push themselves to succeed. If you want your business to grow and get that lucrative business deal, then you should cut them some slack.
7. Identify your weak areas in the business. This way, you will be able to address them fully. Hire an expert who can really turn things around and make changes happen. And if she is really that good, then try getting her to work you as a full-time employee.
8. Create the balance between the creative and the executive. You will need creative employees who can come up with exciting ideas to make your lead generation campaign a success, but do not forget the people who can actually make those ideas happen.